- 8 K5k "clicks"(DHL, DHE levels, DHL Total Gain) seem to be roughly
equivalent to 6dB.
- The DFL is not transposed with DCO pitch. (It follows pitch bend and pitch modulation though.)
- The DCO waves and the DFL LFO are key synced.
The DFL is a LOW pass filter. Outside of its range the level is zero. Either I must have been wrong or this is changed in K5kOS 4.
- Resynthesis. The K5k seems to be "physically correct". Analysing a K5k sound and then reconstructing
it using 0-phase results in a similar looking and sounding waveform.
1. Analysing a single cycle of an acoustic sound and resynthesizing it using 0-phase often results in a slightly less pleasant sound than the original (less smooth sounding). One can hear some resemblance though.
Resynthesized by Igor
Portion of original AC. Guit. sample
Portion of the resynthesized wave (by Igor using the first 64 harmonics)
So, how was the result? The guitar above was ok, but most often the
result is disappointing. It's not enough that one thinks:
-'Hey, that's a piano'. It must be a piano one would want to use.