1. First cut the crusts off the bread. Here I have been using regular toast bread. Then "glue" the pieces together with a little butter, side by side on a tinfoil covered tray or a big plate. Then add butter across the "bottom" of the smörgåstårta.
2. Then spread the mixes over the bread, and add new layers of bread on top, and then maybe another mix. After this I added another layer of bread on top and wrapped the entire "loaf" in plastic foil. (Or a big plastic bag) I stored it in the fridge until the next day. This makes the tårta moist but is not necessary.
6. I have started adding shrimps and cheese with little cocktail tomatoes, then the rolls of smoked meat with horseradish-butter, cut into "roses" (cut them while frozen) They don't look that fancy right now but wait and see...
7. This is the second, smaller tårta, made from 4 slices of bread in each layer. The big one is made from 6 slices in each layer. You can even make a tårta with 2 slices in each layer if you are only 2-3 people.
8. More decorations added; slices of smoked salmon with dill, more cheese and blue grapes. Just let your fantasy free and add your own personal favourites as decorations; caviar, lemon, cheese, vegetables, fruits, sliced meat.. whatever.
Here are some of my favourite recipes, Enjoy!
visitors since aug 29, 1998